The Scag Liberty Z ® is specifically designed for the home owner that wants a high-quality mower but does not need a large, commercial-grade unit. Now, there is no need to take a step down and buy a big box, throw away mower. Now, you can buy something that will last, and perform at a very high level.
The Liberty Z is designed, manufactured and assembled Scag tough, just like every other Scag product. It has a strong, fully fabricated (bent and welded, not stamped) cutter deck that is designed to last a long time, and deliver a beautiful cut. There are self-adjusting belts and sealed bearings throughout the mower to minimize maintenance.
Cover some serious grass with ground speeds up to 7mph and a large capacity fuel tank. The tube steel main frame and a heavy-duty steel bumper give the mower incredible strength and durability. An extra large footplate makes getting on and off the Liberty Z a snap, and changing cutting heights can be done right from the seat. A powerful, yet smooth drive system combined with a Kawasaki FR Series engine delivers plenty of power, even in tall, wet grass. Fast, easy, simple, reliable.
The high-back, contoured, padded seat fits like a glove and is very comfortable. The LIberty Z is so comfortable and fun to drive, you may just find yourself looking for more grass to cut!
- Up to 7 MPH forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- 36", 48" or 52" fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- Kawasaki FR Series engines are ultra-powerful with excellent torque output feature a larger oil, air and fuel filter. 4 cycle gas, forced air-cooled, OHV, twin cylinder, vertical shaft engine with fully pressurized oil system.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual Hydro-gear 2800 transaxles for reliable, Zero Turn maneuverability. Cooling fans on the transaxles add to long-life. All metal gears and charge pumps for reliability and increased performance.
- 5.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. (3.5 gallon fuel capacity on 36" models)
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Large 20" drive tires and 11" caster tires deliver a nice ride and excellent traction.
- Full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hourmeter with built-in maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers big starting and stopping torque to the cutter deck. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents the mower from being driven with the brake on, avoiding premature wear.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Liberty Z a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- Marbain steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 4-1/2 " in 1/4" increments.
- Cupholder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 5-years or 750 hours (whichever comes first)
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Liberty Z like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, 2 bag grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.